Cooking time: 25 – 30 mins
1 bunch of spinach (palak), roughly chopped
2 potatoes, medium sized, boiled and chopped in medium sized cubes
1 cup corn, boiled
1½ onion, large size, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ tsp ginger, finely chopped
1 green chili, finely chopped
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp coriander-cumin (dhana-jeera) powder
½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
1¼ tsp salt, or adjust as per taste
1 tbsp oil
1. Boil potatoes, peel and cut into medium shaped cubes. Keep aside.
2. Boil corn in water with 1/4 tsp salt. Drain the water and keep aside the corn in a bowl.
3. Heat ½ tbsp oil on medium flame in a pan. Add half of the chopped onion and saute until they turn translucent.
4. Then add chopped spinach, mix together and cook until it softens. Turn off heat and keep aside to cool down. Once cool, add it to the mixer-blender and grind into a smooth puree. Keep aside.
5. Heat ½ tbsp into the same pan. Add ginger, garlic and green chilies. Saute for 30 sec. Then add the rest of the chopped onions and saute until they soften.
6. Once the onions are translucent, add turmeric powder, garam masala powder and coriander-cumin powder. Mix everything together.
7. Add the spinach puree, 1 tsp salt, mix and cook for 2-3 mins.
8. Add the boiled potatoes, boiled corn and mix well. Then add 1 cup water and bring to a boil (Cook until the desired consistency of gravy).
9. Turn off heat, sprinkle kasuri methi on it and mix together.
Serve hot with roti, naan or steamed rice.