Cooking time: 30 mins
3 cups cooked basmati rice (approximately 1½ cup uncooked)
2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
¼ cup spring onions bulbs (scallions bulbs), finely chopped
¼ cup green bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
¼ cup carrots, peeled cut into fine strips
¼ cup french beans, finely chopped
6 tbsp schezwan chutney
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp white vinegar
1½ tbsp + 1 tsp oil
Salt, to taste
spring onions greens (scallions greens), chopped for garnish
1. Cook basmati rice with 1 tsp oil and ½ tsp salt. Keep aside.
2. Heat 1½ tbsp oil in a wok on medium heat until it begins to smoke a bit.
3. Add garlic and ginger, saute for few seconds. Add spring onions, capsicum, carrots and french beans and saute on medium for 4 mins or until veggies soften.
4. Add schezwan chutney, soy sauce, vinegar, 2 tbsp of water and salt. Mix well.
5. Add cooked rice, toss gently and saute on medium heat for another minute.
Place fried rice in a serving plate and garnish with chopped spring onions. Serve hot.
spoonful O’ tips
Cooking rice with oil makes it fluffy and non-sticky. Make sure cooked rice is dry and loose, and not soggy. If you think the rice is soggy, spread it out on a plate and let it air dry. The drier the rice, the easier it is to toss and coat with sauce.