Makes: 5 skewers
Cooking time: 25 – 30 mins
3 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless, chopped into medium cubes
½ yellow bell pepper (yellow capsicum), cut into big cubes
½ green bell pepper (green capsicum), cut into big cubes
1 tsp smoked paprika, or adjust as per taste
1 tsp red chili flakes
½ tsp cumin powder (jeera powder)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp salt, or adjust as per taste
1½ tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp cream, heavy
2 tbsp cilantro (coriander leaves / kothambir), finely chopped
Take chicken and bell pepper cubes in a large bowl. Add paprika, red chili flakes, cumin powder, onion powder, garlic powder, olive oil, salt, cream and coriander leaves to the bowl. Keep aside and let it marinate for at least 1 hr.
Before using bamboo skewers, soak them in cold water for at least 7-8 hrs so that they don’t get burned during the grilling process.
1. Slightly oil bamboo skewers and thread chicken and bell pepper cubes alternately on the skewer. Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the skewers.
2. Sprinkle lemon juice, and then olive oil over the chicken and bell peppers. Keep aside.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the skewers on a grilling rack or line them up on the sides of a deep baking tray such that chicken and bell peppers don’t touch the bottom of the tray.
4. Grill for 20 mins or until chicken is completely cooked.
5. Broil chicken for 2 mins on low heat to crisp the surface.
Serve hot. Drizzle a little lemon juice to add acidity.