After coming to USA, the very first meal I had was a chicken burrito from Chipotle. Instantly, I fell in love with the dish especially the green paste in it. For a long time I used to call it ‘Mexican Green Chutney’. Then weeks later one of my friend told me that it’s called Guacomole. For years now I have been making this overwhelmingly delicious recipe in my kitchen. Guacomole with tortilla chips is a great evening snack to much on!
Cooking time: 15 mins
2 avocados, halved, deseeded and peeled
¼ tsp cumin powder (jeera powder)
¼ tsp smoked paprika powder
½ tsp salt, or adjust as per taste
1½ tbsp lemon juice, or adjust as per taste
½ onion, large size, finely chopped
1 tomato, medium size, finely chopped
¼ jalapeno pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tbsp cilantro (coriander leaves / kothambir), chopped
1 garlic, medium size, minced
1. Cut avacado in half and carefully remove the pit discarding the outer skin. Then take them in a large bowl, add avocado pieces and mash them using a fork.
2. Add cumin powder, smoked paprika powder, salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
3. Add onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, coriander leaves and garlic. Toss everything together.
4. Keep aside at room temperature for 1 hr for better flavor.
Enjoy with nachos!
spoonful O’ tips
1. It is important to pick the right avacado. It should feel squishy yet firm and a nice green color on the inside.
2. Instead of mashing avacados, you can also add it to blender and make a paste.