Cooking time: 10 – 15 mins
2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
2 cups lettuce, sliced
½ cup cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
½ cup carrots, julienned
¼ cup pomegranate arils
¼ cup almonds, sliced
¼ cup pumpkin seeds, deshelled and roasted
¼ cup walnuts, roasted and chopped
¼ cup tortilla crispy chips
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 – 3 tsp store bought mango chutney / salsa
1 boiled egg, cut in half
1. Take cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots and pomegranate arils in a bowl. Add the almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts and tortilla strips to the mixture for some crunch.
2. Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice and add the mango chutney to it. Mix well.
3. Serve with a boiled egg on the side.
spoonful O’ tips
1. Mango jam can be used if mango chutney or salsa are not available.
2. Add extra lemon juice if required to enhance the acidity.