Cooking time: 35-40 mins
½ kg chicken, boneless, cut into pieces
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp salt, adjust as per taste
1tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 lemon, juice
1 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
1 tbsp cornflour
Oil, for frying
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
2 green chilies, finely chopped
1 bunch spring onion (bulbs) (scallion bulbs), chopped
1 onion, medium, cut into cubes
1 green bell pepper (capsicum), cut into cubes
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp chili sauce
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 cup chicken stock
Spring onions greens (scallion greens), chopped for garnish
1. Take boneless chicken pieces in a bowl. Add ginger paste, garlic paste, egg, lemon juice and salt. Mix everything together. Keep aside and let it marinate for 15 mins.
2. Take maida and cornflour in a plate. Mix together. Properly coat marinated chicken with flour on all sides.
3. Heat oil in a fryer/deep frying wok on medium heat. Drop coated chicken into the wok and deep fry on all sides until chicken is cooked and crispy.
4. Once crispy, using a slotted spoon, lift the chicken pieces, drain the oil and remove them on a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil. Keep aside.
1. Heat oil on medium heat in a pan. Add finely chopped ginger, garlic, green chilies and fry for 1 min.
2. Add chopped onion and green bell pepper to the pan. Saute until the onions are cooked. Add spring onion (bulbs) and saute for 2 mins.
3. Add vinegar, soy sauce, chili sauce and tomato ketchup to the pan. Mix well and cook for 1 min.
4. Add chicken stock to the pan and bring to a boil. Add fried chicken and gently mix everything. Bring to a boil till the sauce thickens to the desired consistency.