A few days back, I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award for the first time. I can’t tell you how excited I was to read that a fellow food blogger, Mallika from afoodiehousewife had nominated me for this award. There are a lot of brilliant food blogs now, and I am overwhelmed that someone nominated my blog, thank you so much Mallika!
I recently started following Mallika’s blog. She has a great blog for all food lovers out there, lots of yummy recipes which look delicious and absolutely mouthwatering.
If you’re not following afoodiehousewife yet, then go to the link and check out her blog!
My Blogging Journey –
Last year I moved to the USA with my husband, from India and began missing the food back home within a few months time. I would mix and match and come up with different recipes for delicious food, and my husband (who is very picky when it comes to food and could be a food critic if not for his regular day job) seemed to like them very much. I noted down these recipes so that I could replicate them the next time. That’s when my husband came up with the idea that instead of keeping a food diary, I should start a blog, which would also help more people like us interested in good wholesome food cooked with ingredients available in most American retail stores. Thus the Spoonful O’ Spice blog was born.
I started this blog about 5 months back, and since then I have had a lot of fun trying different cuisines, experimenting with ingredients, documenting and capturing prepared dishes, reading other blogs, liking and commenting on posts and interacting with other bloggers. Being a new blogger, it is flattering to know that so many people read, appreciate and follow my blog. Love all the likes and comments!
In a very short time, Spoonful O’Spice has become a passion of mine.
spoonful O’ advice – to New Bloggers
- Photos: Being a new blogger, I had no idea how important photos were, especially in a food blog. But over the months I have realized that perfectly taken pictures draw people towards the blog. So try to spend some quality time on the look and layout of your photos. It is rightfully said – “You eat with your eyes first.”
- Build your Blog: I started my blog few months back, but even after regular posting there wasn’t much activity. It was quite disappointing. Then I thought, in the way I want bloggers to visit my post, I should do the same. So I started putting in some of my time visiting other blogs, reading posts, liking and interacting with other bloggers, and I discovered that I quite enjoyed it! It has helped me build my blog, and in the process, I slowly started gaining more followers.
- Keep Posting: A great blog doesn’t happen overnight. It takes a lot of time and dedication. In the beginning, do not worry about number of likes and comments, just put down all your thoughts, techniques, tips without hesitation and slowly the likes and comments will flow in. Keep posting!
- Do not Compare: Don’t compare your blog with another blog, with more likes and comments than yours. They might have gone through the same time (like yours) with their share of struggle, its time for you to go through yours. Don’t be disheartened, we will get there too! 😀
I nominate –
- Dolly – koolkosherkitchen.wordpress.com
- Rachel – tastycurls.wordpress.com
- Frauke – fraukesfoodeliciousfritid.wordpress.com
- Charisma – charismaticbaking.wordpress.com
- Anthony – sexycuisine.wordpress.com
- Akshara – newagelifestyle.in
- Rosie – petiterosieblog.wordpress.com
- Marlena – fabulous-fusions.com
Do check out these blogs. All of them are really amazing and just a click away!
spoonful O’ rules – Blogger Recognition Award
For those of you, who accept this nomination….
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide links to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Attach the award to your post.
- Write a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice to new bloggers.
- Select the 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them.
Thank you once again Mallika for nominating me!